How to Clean Your In-Ground Trampoline Properly
If you have an in-ground trampoline in Nairobi Kenya, it’s important to keep it clean and free of any debris, which can compromise its safety and durability. In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to properly clean your in-ground trampoline.
First and foremost, cleaning the mat at least once a month is recommended to remove any dirt, twigs, or other outdoor elements that may have accumulated. These debris can snag the mat when left unattended, making it unsafe.
Here are the steps to properly clean an in-ground trampoline:
- Remove any toys or toy parts from the trampoline. Ensure that any toys being used on the trampoline are approved for this purpose and are not likely to cause injury.
- Using a soft bristle broom, sweep away any surface dirt off the sides of the trampoline. Don’t let debris fall into the springs or protective pad covering.
- Inspect the mat carefully for any rips, holes, or snags. If you notice any damage, the trampoline may need to be repaired before it’s safe to use again. Even a small hole can become larger with the repeated jumping of children.
- Clean the mat with warm, soapy water. Use a mild detergent like liquid dish soap. If you need to disinfect the mat, avoid using harsh solvents or bleach. Consult with the manufacturer or a professional for the best type of soap to use, as using harsh soap can damage the fibers of the mat and cause discoloration.
- Clean the mat while it’s wet to avoid causing damage. Use a soft bristle brush or a wet rag to scrub it gently. Avoid using a pressure washer, as it can damage the mat. Once the water drips through the mat, it’s wet enough to clean.
- Rinse the mat thoroughly with clean water until the water runs clear.
- Allow the mat to dry completely before using it again. The trampoline may become slippery and unsafe for use when wet, so keeping it off-limits until it’s completely dry is important. Clean the mat on a sunny day so it dries quickly and can be used again.
- Before allowing anyone to use the trampoline again, inspect the mat one more time to ensure that there is no damage.
- If you’re considering installing an in-ground trampoline in your backyard, be sure to keep it clean and well-maintained to ensure safe and enjoyable use
For more enquiries, brand-new heavy-duty trampoline purchases and repairs, trampoline accessories & trampoline replacement parts in Nairobi Kenya contact 0722724893.